Where are the most effective locations to place your home security cameras in Corpus Christi? Generally, there are three significant sectors of the home for camera installations: your front door, the exterior space around your home, and key interior rooms. While your provider can advise where you should install, here's a quick guide of where to place your home security cameras at your home.
Make Sure To Defend Your Front Entryway
Even though you might find it unlikely that a burglar would attempt to simply stroll through primary entrance, 34% of invasions take place near this passageway. There are also porch pirates among other threats to deal with. A doorbell camera is perfect to handle these possibilities with high-definition, wide-angle viewing.
Video doorbells are nice as you have the ability to chat with any visitors who come and engage the doorbell. Through your security app, like ADT Control, you can reply to all engagements with two-direction audio and live video and give the impression you’re on site. In the event a person does try to do something nefarious, you are able to have your camera automatically record a clip and transmit it to your cell phone via a text notification.
Cover The Most Area With Your Outdoor Cameras
Determining where to place home security cameras outside your residence is a more challenging task. Fortunately, there are a few beneficial tips to help ensure your property is well protected.
- Corners of your Corpus Christi home provide an impressive viewing angle, as you can see two sections of your exterior.
- Just below an overhanging eave or directly into a piece of trim or siding are ideal locations for security cameras as they will be somewhat obscured by blending into your gutterline.
- Above your garage, as the garage door is a more likely entryway for burglars than you’d think!
- Above a back porch or back door -- or any doorway that can’t be seen from the sidewalk.
In each of these spots, be sure to prune any bushes or tree limbs that may block your ability to see clearly.
Suggestions To Enjoy The Highest Level of Performance From Your In-Home Surveillance
You have more options on where to place home security cameras on the interior of your home in Corpus Christi. That same flexibility does mean there are additional aspects to think about:
- Windows and Sunlight: Although it’s wise to ensure your windows are down and latched, the sunshine that enters via a window may cause glare and affect your camera’s video feed. Direct your interior camera lens away from direct sunlight to avoid this.
- Utilize Height: Just like a guard tower, a surveillance device positioned in an elevated area will produce a broader view. You might situate your cameras above bookshelves or attached to a corner or ceiling.
- Keep Out of Reach: Your surveillance system won’t be able to safeguard your home if anything happens to it. Install your devices in locations where kids and your furry friends have no ability to tamper with them. You could try mounting or a different method of attaching them to ensure they won’t wobble if accidentally bumped.
- Conceal Your Cameras But Don’t Block the View: The best surveillance system will fail to be of much use if there is a plant in the way. But it’s important to note, potted plants and other decor items may be a perfect way to cloak your security equipment. Just make sure they don’t obscure the lens!
Secure24 Alarm Systems Knows Where To Place Your Home Security Cameras
To ensure the proper installation of your home security cameras and security devices, turn to the professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’ll find the ideal plan for your whole house -- defending every square foot. Just call (361) 223-9020 or fill out the form on this page to arrange a consultation.