Today's residential security solutions have become more capable every year. But, unfortunately, it’s still easy to forget to complete basic security duties like activating your a security system, shutting the garage door, or locking all your doors.
Would you like it if you didn’t have to remember doing these tasks in the future? With geofencing in Corpus Christi, you can just drive off to work and have your home security system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Corpus Christi For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing creates a virtual boundary around your house, which you can set up in your smart security app. This convenient tool then utilizes your phone to see when you go past the boundary and then initiates your “leaving-the-house” automations.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart components use to communicate with one another. The technology takes smart home devices further by centralizing all components onto the same network. You can then draw a unique boundary around your property and assign particular actions when you cross the prearranged border line.
For example, shortly after you pull away from your driveway, you can program your security system to engage door locks, close the garage, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you return to your house, geofencing could be set to notify your system to disengage the alarm, open the garage, turn on lights, and even adjust your your home’s comfort levels.
Below are several of the devices you can control with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Security alarms and cameras
● Electronic devices such as TVs or appliances
● Overhead doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are At Your Fingertips With ADT Control
Geofencing is one of the many ways to use your home security system in Corpus Christi. When you download the ADT Control app, you have the ability to reap the benefits of automation. Just tap the app interface, and you are able to:
● Program schedules: program your smart alarms and cameras to activate at a specific time. Have your lights start to dim to signal that it's time for bed, or disarm your security alarms as you start your day.
● Manage how devices interact: Make particular components engage in response to a triggered event. Have your thermostat switch on the exhaust fan if the fire alarm goes off. Or turn on your hallway lighting if your doorbell camera detects abnormal activity outside.
● Preprogram scenes: Design room and event scenes with various smart components that operate in concert with each other. Make your smart bulbs turn off, the temperature go down, and the smart locks activate when the day is done. Or customize a scene for movie night with the right light and temperature settings.
● Take advantage of geofencing: There may be times when you fail to set the security system when you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing technology and your mobile device, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn on your alarms and shut the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Corpus Christi
Whether you desire extra peace-of-mind of a safe, secure home whenever you leave or you wish to automate your smart home technology, geofencing is a wise choice. Speak with one of our representatives today at (361) 223-9020 or complete the following form to begin customizing your perfect security system.