Home security cameras can easily be used as a warning—something that informs would-be thieves or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can leverage your video surveillance to strengthen your home’s security.
Thankfully, modern security cameras are armed with a number of features all designed to deliver total protection for your family. Whether it’s two-way audio and recording functionality or infrared night vision and lightning-quick motion sensors, these features empower you to have the most from video surveillance in Corpus Christi.
How To Set Up Your Corpus Christi Home Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
Placing your video surveillance in the ideal spots around your residence is the right place to jump in at with home security.. Interior security cameras work best when placed in high traffic spots such as the kitchen or den. It’s also a smart idea to install a camera looking at main entryways, stairs, or other transitional areas thieves would have to enter through to reach the rest of your interior. Exterior security cameras ideally afford a clear view of your patio, front walk, and backyard, shed, and other exterior detached buildings, like sheds. Then access a view of your front porch through a sleek doorbell camera.
There are locations within your house that aren’t quite as important to watch such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Even if you have valuables in your bedroom, placing a camera in the room could reduce your privacy. Feel free to add window or motion detectors if you desire a form of device in bedrooms.
Innovations That Enhance Video Surveillance
Component placement is only the foundation for getting the most from home security cameras in Corpus Christi. The innovations listed below help to optimize security and increase overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Get instant messages on your phone anytime strange motion is sensed. You can also configure cameras to automatically start filming when motions are discovered which serves to increase camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Program your home security cameras to record and save clips to the cloud for easy playback at your convenience.
- 2-way audio: The majority of current security cameras include a built-in mic and speaker so you are able to converse with people with the device. Through your security app, you can act like you’re inside the building or greet your kids as they come home from school.
- Field of view: Field of view, or how wide camera video is, provides a more complete view of what where you want to protect. Check for cameras that have a minimum of 120° wide angle lens or that have the ability to pan automatically for complete visibility.
- Dark vision: Make sure your home security cameras have either infrared or LED sensors that can produce clips of pitch black motion.
- Activity zones: Activity zones offer you the flexibility to guard single locations within your house.. For example, you can program your outdoor camera to alert you of activity happening on your yard or your porch and disregard animals passing or the sidewalk.
- Security app: app, like ADT Control®, allow you to live-stream camera feeds, move cameras, arm or disarm the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app should send instant texts when the detect something unusual taking place around your house.
Get Your Security Cameras Today
Achieving the most out of your home security cameras in Corpus Christi is more simple. From ultra fast motion detection to two-way audio, your home security system can go from simply a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (361) 223-9020 or submit the form below to get started customizing your security system today.