Pros And Cons Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Corpus Christi
You realize you need to safeguard your home. After all, it’s where your loved ones live and is where you keep your possessions. But what form of home defense is right for you? Whether or not to get round-the-clock monitoring is one of the chief decisions you need to make. Learn more about the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Corpus Christi and see what’s ideal for you.
Differences Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose 24-hour monitoring, your home’s protection bridges to a professional monitoring team that is ready to provide help at a moment’s notice. If a door sensor triggers or a fire alarm goes off, your monitoring professionals are issued a notification instantaneously. They quickly go to work to verify the alarm and dispatch the proper emergency services.
Conversely, an unmonitored security system doesn’t include professional support. You can think of this to be self-monitoring, which means that if an alarm sounds, you must act to resolve it. This possibility is the cheaper route, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Pros And Cons Of A Monitored Security System In Corpus Christi
Here’s a brief breakdown of the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Benefits Of Monitored Systems
- Heightened security: Having 24-hour support at the ready is always a good choice. If you are away from home, asleep, or without access to your cell phone, your property and its inhabitants will still be safeguarded.
- Faster response times: Monitoring agents are always prepared. They’ll react more quickly to incidents than you can by yourself.
- Insurance reductions: Monitored home security systems could qualify you for a discount on your home insurance premium.
- Top-of-the-line tools and flawless integration: When you receive hardware, monitoring, and installation from a respected home security provider, you will get access to a cohesive system with sensors and alarms that may be of a higher quality than what you will find independently.
Cons Of A Monitored System
- Fee: You will pay a monthly fee for monitoring.
- Usually required to get your system installed professionally: Numerous people would prefer to have work taken care of by experienced experts, but some DIYers might want to do it by themselves.
- Must sign a contract: You will typically need to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This stipulation is likely to be agreeable for numerous residents as home security is a benefit you will want for the long haul.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored Security System In Corpus Christi
Here’s a quick rundown of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Pros Of An Unmonitored System
- Affordability: You won’t have a monitoring charge.
- Install yourself: Some could deem this to be a benefit as they can handle the installation themselves and avoid an added charge. Other residents may prefer going with a professional.
- Higher Level of Flexibility: You can incorporate equipment whenever you wish - and from different manufacturers. Taking that into account, you could find assembling into a cohesive system more complex.
- You have complete control: There won’t be an outside company monitoring your home’s defense. If an emergency unfolds, you’re in charge of getting help.
Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What happens when you don’t have your cell phone and don’t get a security warning? This situation equates to additional stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Demands your full attention: As you are the sole person in charge, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- No help hooking up the system: If you require a helping hand during the installation, you may have to employ a separate contractor. The installation is also likely to take more time.
Stay Protected With a Monitored Home Security System In Corpus Christi
Get the round-the-clock support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Corpus Christi from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re certain you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored system is the right choice for your family. Contact (361) 223-9020 today to customize your package.